An introduction to Cobb Agri
Cobb Agri cover a wide region with a select team of dedicated staff maintaining high standards of soil and crop nutrient advice, service and products to growers.
- Our FACTS qualified staff focus on providing a unique advice based on soil, leaf, grain and manure test results and we supply soil nutrition through carefully planning the utilisation of lime, manures and fertiliser for over 137,500 hectares of arable, grassland, potatoes, maize, asparagus and cider fruit.
- Our clients run a variety of livestock and arable enterprises and mixed agri-business including poultry and bio-digesters as well as organic farms and range in size from enterprises range from 40 to 3,500 hectares.
- We advise on the best use of manures and keep accurate long term farm nutrient records which help formulate best practice for each individual client. Our focus is on maximising your yields and crop quality, whilst securing the right products at the best strategic time and value.
- Cobb Agri are committed to managing soil nutrients, through soil sampling, careful monitoring and customised fertiliser, manure and lime recommendations. We bolster this through leaf and grain sampling during the season to monitor crop nutrient status. This is our niche with the aim of enhancing yield and utilising effective systems to achieve optimum input costs.
- We are agents for both Yara and Origin Fertilisers and we pride ourselves on sourcing the right product for individual requirements. Advice on market strategy and purchasing are all part of the service. Fertilisers such as Fibrophos are a major influence of Autumn PK requirements.
- A nationwide network of hauliers ensures a prompt and reliable distribution service to all clients. We have established a robust relationship with farm contractors for our supply and apply based service, operating 7 lime spreaders in Herefordshire, Shropshire, Gloucestershire, Worcestershire, Powys and Monmouthshire. We have many clients now across the country from Yorkshire to Dorset, Pembrokeshire to Kent and Northamptonshire to Hampshire.
- Originally founded in 1980 as Charles Mayson Ltd. It has been owned by Paul and Joanna Cobb since 2008 and was rebranded on 1st January 2015 as Cobb Agri.
Cobb Agri continues to be committed to our traditional values of good honest advice, professional service utilising the most up to date methods and keeping a deep understanding of soil nutrition at our core. Please call us to find out how we can help you grow.